Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The "stimulus" that keeps growing, and growing, and growing . . .

Well, ye socks, I have been spending an inordinate amount of time trying to wrap my pea-picking mind around the size of the ObamaNation's "stimulus" plan.

You know the one. It fluctuates somewhere between $800,000,000,000 and $1,000,000,000,000, depending on how much more crap and nonsense our illustrious legislators are able to wedge in to the final package.

I guess I spent too many of my formative years in Texas, because my vocabulary is full of wordy witticisms that would make Dr. Phil's head spin.

One of those folksy sayings that has been on the tip of my tongue more frequently than usual is the one that goes, "The only place you'll find free cheese is in a mouse trap."

The meaning, of course, is nothing is free in this world.

And, we shouldn't be looking at this--the biggest government hi-jacking of the economy in history--as a great big freebie.

It will have some serious repercussions, not the least of which will be the astounding amount of debt our "leaders" are piling on the backs of our children, grandchildren, and their children and grandchildren.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home