Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mom's Day!

Today, ye socks, I am thinking how very lucky I am not only to have a mom in the first place, but how extra lucky I was to get the mom I got!

"Mother's Day" is too formal for this occasion, so let's just call this Sunday "Mom's Day," ok?

Here are a few of the reasons why I think I'm so lucky:

1. My mom is never afraid to try something new, such as making and posting digicam self portraits for yours truly to pirate and post in this dryer!

2. She gave me a leg-up in the world, making sure I could read and write even before I went to kindergarten . . . sometimes using the steamed-up window of our microwave as a makeshift chalkboard.

3. She steamed-up the aforementioned chalkboard while boiling water for macaroni and cheese, one of the many comfort foods that peppered my childhood landscape.

4. She taught me not only how to drive, but to love the adventure of a roadtrip during countless cross-country journeys we made while following my dad's military career from base to base.

5. Going with her to estate sales, auctions, flea markets, and antique shops made history a very tangible thing to me even at a young age and one of my great passions even to this day.

6. I know I can call her any time, day or night, and she'll answer.

7. Ham and cheese!

8. She can beat me in Lexulous, Boggle, and other word games. ("Can" doesn't mean "always does!!" Sometimes, I get lucky!)

9. Music from MoTown to Anne Murray.

10. Osgood and coffee on Sunday mornings.

Wow, I could go on and on . . . this list thing was probably not a good idea, because it's pretty much an endless task . . .

Suffice it to say, like everyone else, I think I've got the best mom in the world, and wish her a VERY HAPPY MOM'S DAY!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Judith Richards Shubert said...

I'd say you were pretty lucky to have a Mom like her! Thanks for introducing her to us.

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home