Friday, September 25, 2009

Gaines genealogy: A brick wall of sorts

Ok, I know some of ye socks out there get a little bored with my occasional genealogical posts. But, you're just going to have to deal with this one, because this little mystery is what has been occupying my spare time lately.

In comparing family trees with a friend recently, I discovered the GAINES surname appears in both of our direct lines.

My line goes back to a Richard Gaines of Charlotte County, Virginia.

His goes back to a Hiram Gaines of Elbert County, Georgia, a native of Virginia.

The men were contemporaries, in that they were of the same general age. Don't know if they actually knew one another, or if they were related. But, would like to find out if they were!

Anybody got any clues or suggestions?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home