Thursday, December 10, 2009

Who can it be, now?!

By way of a prelude, and at the risk of dating myself, I will admit the first album I ever bought with my own money was Men at Work's "Business as Usual."

Give me a break. It was the 1980s, and their video for "Who can it be, now?" was all the rage on MTV.

Yes, Junior, they used to actually play videos on MTV.

But, I digress.

So, today is the 10th of the month, a more-frantic-than-usual time for yours truly, as I have to mail out a big old batch of payables.

This had me working past the usual quitting time at the office. So, I had no one to run interference for me as certain individuals who shall remain nameless here kept calling on the phone or knocking on the door.

Now, I know I'm in a particularly cranky mood today, but I do have to wonder if these people do this every day after office hours and I'm just not there to be annoyed. Or, did they just see my lonely car parked outside and decide that they had struck upon an infrequent opportunity for extended holiday hours of annoyance?!

ARRGGHH!

Get out of my way, now I've gotta rush to the post office before they close!!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home