Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Bowl Mania

Well, I'm finally coming out of the fog of my Nyquil-induced coma from yesterday . . . but, just barely, and only because I ran out and am too chicken to run up to Walgreens for some more.

Anyway, this painful new lucidity allowed me to do some bowl surfing. The best part was being able to flip between the Cotton Bowl and the Outback Bowl to see my two favorite teams playing at the same time! How cool is that?

Unfortunately, 'Bama beat Texas Tech out in Dallas. (Eating my pre-game trashtalk, Mr. Whittington.) The Tide's defense really shut-down the Red Raiders. They controlled the tempo of the entire game, only rarely allowing our gunslinging QB a chance at lighting-up the scoreboard in the second half like he did in that great win over Texas A&M earlier this season. Still, Leach and his boys did rally late in the game, and it all came down to the ugliest field goal I've ever seen in my life. But, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I guess. (Right, Bob?!)

On the plus side, the Gators did manage to beat Iowa despite several efforts to blow their lead late in the game. We did benefit from a lot of questionable officiating, especially in the last few minutes. But, a win is a win. Way to go Urban . . . now get out there and recruit some more players!

Ok, I'm going to take the last dose of Nyquil and call it a night . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home