Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Why I moved to Apopka

We had some crazy stuff go down by my office today. Check out the coverage from The Orlando Sentinel:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-chase0206mar02,0,4270317.story?coll=orl-home-headlines

A maniac bankrobber sped right past our office on Bumby Avenue with I don't know how many cop cars and helicopters in hot pursuit. He later committed suicided a few blocks away. Guess he didn't want to be taken alive . . . what is this the "Old West?!"

Anyway, stuff like this just reminds me why I moved to sleepy little Apopka. Not that we don't have some crazy things go on up there from time to time. But, nothing like this.

I thought about this a lot this evening as I treated my neighbors to dinner at a local restaurant. Note that all 5 of us had no problem WALKING down there. And, we got good, friendly service.

Couldn't get all that in Orlando. Not anymore. It's a shame.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home