Thursday, June 01, 2006

Stupid choices, or life experiences?

As conservative as I am, I nonetheless came to the conclusion years ago that sometimes people just HAVE TO do stupid things.

That doesn't mean they're stupid people, they just make stupid choices.

And, that's okay . . . at least as long as they don't do any serious permanent damage.

I'm talking about the stupid little things that people feel compelled to do, if only to make themselves feel like they're living life.

And, no, you cynics, I'm not referring to marriage or childrearing.

I'm referring to the things like I've seen some otherwise-sane people doing lately. You tell me if I'm being hypercritcial:

1. Buying a boat . . . or, better, getting a bank loan to buy a boat.

2. Putting $50 into a chain letter in hopes of a return on the "investment."

3. Going parasailing.

4. Joining a racehorse syndicate.

5. Eating sushi.

I will probably never be accused of living life on the edge. And, I'm good with that. Something in my wiring, I guess. But, I don't need shocks to my system to remind myself I'm alive. It's the simpler things that give me the thrills I need.

Did I mention my most recent discovery?

The Dairy Queen on Curry Ford Road is now serving BLUEBERRY MILKSHAKES!!!

Now, is that a stupid choice or a life experience?!

Probably both . . . ah, well . . . slurp!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home