Saturday, July 22, 2006

Road trip

Got up like a regular work day this morning, to get an early start on my road trip down to see my dad in South Florida.

He's a patient at the Nininger State Veterans' Nursing Home in Pembroke Pines. This is a picture of the entrance to the facility, taken from the parking lot.

Unfortunately, Dad's condition continues to deteriorate. He doesn't recognize me anymore. So, I don't go down there to really visit with him, just to see him, check-in, make sure they're treating him right, etc. And, they are. Things are as good as can be expected at this point, I guess.

Anyway, the impetus of this little trip was an awesome deal I received from the Marriott Rewards program via email earlier this week. They cut me a great rate at their nearby courtyard property in Miramar.

This is a picture of the front driveway.

I have to say that I am not exactly a huge fan of South Florida in general. But, based on what I've seen of the region, I have to say that Miramar is probably the most tolerable.

The coolest thing was caddy-corner to the entrance of the hotel property. There was a big open field full of LONGHORNS!

No, the UT Football team wasn't engaged in some clandestine out-of-state summer practices.

These were ACTUAL LONGHORNS . . . in the middle of Miramar, Florida!!

I guess even cattle have to retire somewhere . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home