Sunday, November 19, 2006

Double the blankets!

Well, autumn is definitely here in force!

I woke up to a chill in the wee morning hours, and had to add an extra blanket to the bed. (You knew a cheapskate like me wasn't going to crank the thermostat, right?!)

Really, though, I find chilly mornings like this really invigorating, and popped out of bed earlier than usual for a Sunday, eager to get the day started.

The only real stress was battling the sick cat over taking her antibiotics. Do you know how fun it is to cram a pill down the throat of an unwilling feline who hasn't been de-clawed?!

But, that was my biggest problem today, so I count myself very fortunate indeed.

Made myself a REAL bowl of cinnamon oatmeal (not the instant kind) and a pot of hot English breakfast tea.

After loafing in front of the tv (ain't football great this time of year?!), I started a big pot of stew.

I almost wish we could have temperatures like this all year round. That way, I could always double my blankets, eat oatmeal, drink hot tea, and make stews.

But, I guess I should be careful what I wish for, because I'd end up laying around all day getting fat . . . er . . . fatter?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home