Sunday, December 24, 2006

Three Weeks with My Brother

No, Alice did not have gender reassignment surgery.

That's the title of the book I just finished reading. [ISBN 0-446-53244-4]

I find the beach a perfect place to catch up on my reading, and this is one of the books I've been trying to finish for quite a while. It's hard to find time to set aside for leisurely reading in my day-to-day life. But, it's amazingly abundant over here!

Anyway, it's a great book. The author is perhaps more famously known for his bestsellers The Notebook, Message in a Bottle, and A Walk to Remember (among others).

His name is Nicholas Sparks, and as the title suggests, this book was co-written by his brother Micah during a trip they took around the world back in 2003. They used the time not only to see some exotic places (Machu Pichu, Easter Island, Malta, etc.) but also to reflect on all the trials and tribulations they've been thru with their family.

If you want to learn more about the story, check out Nick's website at www.nicholassparks.com

It's helped me gain some perspective, which is good any time of the year but particularly during the holidays and particularly this year.

OK, enough of the heavy stuff. Time to go get festive. It is Christmas Eve, after all!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home