Friday, December 22, 2006

Twin Sonic Booms!

Wow, that surprised me just a little!

I had been hearing on the news all day that the weather over at Cape Canaveral was so bad that the Space Shuttle would have to make a landing out in New Mexico for the first time in about 20 years.

So, imagine how startled I was at 5:28 when those familiar twin sonic booms that accompany every shuttle landing shook every window pane in my house this afternoon!

I didn't know what to think, so I turned on the news and found the weather in New Mexico wasn't all that great, either. And, the eggheads at KSC decided to go ahead and make the landing here in Florida.

Probably saved us tax payers a wad of cash in so doing.

But, this tax payer sure was startled!

Ain't livin' in Florida always an adventure?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home