Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorializing

Perhaps feeling a little guilty about the mattress shopping, etc., I chose to mark Memorial Day the old fashioned way this year.

Traditionally, the holiday was spent sprucing up loved-ones' grave sites. And, I am luckier than a lot of people in this mobile "society," because I still live in close proximity to my relatives' final resting places.

Plus, my addiction to genealogy has familiarized me with the cemetery locations.

But, if you're not so fortunate, you may want to check out this web site in preparation for NEXT Memorial Day:

http://nhd.usgs.gov/gnis.html

It's a government-run search engine that will allow you to pinpoint cemeteries and other landmarks anywhere in the United States.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home