Sunday, May 27, 2007

Short-sheeted by Kohl's

What better way to mark the Memorial Day weekend than to go out and buy a new bed, right?!

I know, I know. That's not what the holiday is supposed to be about. Nor is it about grilling burgers and dogs or marking the beginning of summer. Believe me, as a military brat and patriotic American, I know what it's all about. But, the real holiday is TOMORROW. The weekend leading up to it should still be spent buying new beds.

At least that's what the marketing geniuses on Madison Avenue have convinced most of us . . .

Anyway, I was part of that mass market yesterday. I went up to Mattress Giant and bought two new twin beds as a gift to my mom.

Now, she'll be able to actually use her front bedroom as . . . well . . . a BEDROOM!

But, trouble arose when we bought the bed linens at a nearby Kohl's store.

Of course, we didn't know there was a problem until we got all the way back home and opened the packaging.

Then, and only then, did we discover we had been short-sheeted!

So, now, I've got to go back up to the store and see if they'll make good on the sale.

You socks out there who know me well also know how very much I hate shopping. But, I figure if this is my biggest worry, I'm doing a lot better than a lot of folks . . .

Hope your weekends have had fewer hassles!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home