Saturday, March 29, 2008

The $35 couch

Actually, it's a sleeper sofa.

But, that price is right: just $35!

And, it is now proudly owned by Valda & Howard of Jenks Manor.

We picked it up at yet another of Cece's Estate Sales today. (This one was at the Escondido condos across SR 436 from The Altamonte Mall.)

And, when I say, "picked it up," I mean that. It was HEAVY!!

Did I mention the condo in question was on the 2nd floor?

Yeah, that had to be a sight, me struggling to hold up on end of a couch to keep from scuffing-up the upholstery as we negotiated our way down two flights of stairs.

But, the Jenkses assure me it was worth the effort.

And, I did find a little souvenir myself: a baseball program from the 1984 LA Olympics that features a photo of my cousin Pat Pacillo. (Not to mention his team mate Mark McGwire.)

If you're not checking out these estate sales, ye socks, you're missing out on a lot of neat stuff (and exercise)!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home