Thursday, March 27, 2008

New ship's manifest discovery

I know some of ye socks (Darrell) don't care much for my genealogical musings, but when I stumble across new bits of the olde family history I cannot help but post them here.

Today's tidbit comes from the records of Castle Garden, the predecessor of the more famous Ellis Island. (Learn more about the place at http://www.castlegarden.org/ .)

It was there I discovered a record of the arrival of my ancestors Thomas and Catherine Daley, who came from Ireland aboard the ship "Ellen" on 13 July 1850. They brought with them a 2-year-old daughter Mary and an infant son Patrick. (I know, how stereotypically Irish of them to give their kids those names, right?!)

Anyway, soon after disembarking, they settled inland a bit at Princeton, New Jersey. And, it was there they had their first American-born child, a daughter named Delia.

Delia eventually married John A. Jackson. Their eldest daughter Annie Jackson Gleeson was mentioned in a post earlier this week about their old house in Long Branch, New Jersey.

Ok, if I haven't bored some of ye to tears by now, I hope all have a good weekend!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home