Saturday, March 08, 2008

A blustery day!

Well, I had a laundry list of things I was going to accomplish today.

Despite the email warning from my classmate Lisa up in Indiana, I ventured forth from the safety of the Lake Hammer chalet. I mean, I didn't care what she'd seen on the Weather Channel. It looked beautiful outside the window in my living room.

But, I didn't account for the wind.

Remember that old Pooh story from your childhood, "A Blustery Day?" Well, I definitely had one!

Getting out of the trusty Blazer at my first stop, I nearly had my arm dislocated as a gust came roaring out of nowhere, seemingly intent upon ripping the car door off its hinges.

Still, I pushed on, only to be attacked by a herd of raging shopping carts flying at me from every direction.

Hold on to your hats, folks! Literally!

Anyway, I decided to tuck tail and throw out the rest of my to-do list.

40 mph winds may be par for the course in some places (Lubbock comes to mind). But, yours truly is just going to "hunker down" til this front blows thru!

And, next time, I'll listen to Lisa!



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home