Sunday, January 04, 2009

Patrick Smith: A living legend

Several months ago, I was talking to one of ye socks offline about the classic Florida novel A Land Remembered, and was asked if the author Patrick Smith was still living.

I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Smith many years ago at a book signing at the OLD Orange County History Museum at Loch Haven. If he was still living, I guessed he'd be in his 80s. But, I hadn't heard anything about him in a while, so who knew?!

Well, today I am pleased to report that Smith is doing well and will be the featured guest on a local radio broadcast.

Ye Smith afficionados in this little corner of heaven should tune your radio dials to 90.7 (WMFE) at 6:30 pm this Thursday to hear him on the "Florida Frontier" program.

I'll be listening, too!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home