Thursday, May 14, 2009

On the road again . . .

Well, ye socks, yours truly is taking this rambling road show on tour once again.

This time around, the Carolinas are in my crosshairs.

I didn't manage to escape work-related entanglements til nearly noon, but eventually put The City Beautiful in my rearview mirror for awhile.

A quick jaunt up I-4 connected me to I-95 northbound in Daytona.

Least favorite part of the trip: Jacksonville (as usual). And, it wasn't nearly as bad as it usually is.

Favorite part of the trip: rolling up on a truck trailering a load of hogs and seeing their pink snouts, floppy ears, and curly tails poking thru the railings. Origin of said livestock has not yet been ascertained. Perhaps a little hog farm I've visited before in a remote corner of the Show-me state?

Anyway, made it to the connection with I-40 west bound, and am now just a few miles short of tomorrow's big doings: Raleigh.

Paid a little too much for a hotel room, but was fortunate enough to catch the tail-end of "Survivor." Glad to see Coach got the boot. Should be able to sleep better tonight, perhaps with visions of piggies dancing in my head?

More roadtrip posting to follow.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home