Friday, September 04, 2009

Timing is everything

There I was. 3:30pm on a Friday before a long holiday weekend.

That's when I got the call that 2 tickets were available to tonight's preseason Bucs game vs Houston down in Tampa.

The only problem was kick-off was at 7pm, and Raymond James Stadium is an hour-and-a-half drive down notoriously infernal I-4.

Well, that and I (along with just about everybody else in the world) already had plans set by that late hour.

Fortunately, I was able to find a home for the tix. I do have some contacts who enjoy a degree of spontaneity in their lives.

Anyway, just as well I didn't make the trek down there. The Bucs lost 27-20.

I do read in the post-game dissection reports, however, that former Gator stand-out Rex Grossman may have salvaged his pro career.

Ye socks may remember him as the QB who "led" Chicago to the 2007 Super Bowl. In this little corner of heaven, however, he is perhaps best known for bailing on the Gator Nation soon after Steve Superior's premature departure.

But, I digress, and who could really blame Rexy for not staying thru the Zook years, anyway?!

Despite missing most of the preseason with a hamstring injury, ole Rex was back to his winning ways--threw 2 TD passes to put the nail in the Bucs' proverbial coffin.

Hopefully, this will mean he survives tomorrow's last round of roster cuts. He couldn't have timed this win any better . . . kinda typifies his career, both collegiate and professional, no?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home