Wednesday, August 26, 2009

So, THAT's what distressed property looks like . . .

Just like last week, this Wednesday found yours truly exploring the distressed properties west of Orlando in the Lake County hinterland.

This time around, though, we ventured west of Clermont into the little town of Groveland.

All I can say is, "wow."

And, not in a good way.

One subdivision was particularly bad. Literally, every house on one block was either for sale, for rent, or abandoned.

I saw cow fennels growing in some of the yards that were taller than me, and I'm a pretty tall guy.

I saw where builders stopped mid-way thru construction.

I saw garage doors off their tracks and laying in driveways.

I lost count of all the broken windows.

We don't just have a mortgage crisis, ye socks, we have some truly distressed properties out there . . .

Eye opening to say the least . . .

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home