Sunday, March 21, 2010

A rainy day and two bad movies

After enjoying a 79-degree first day of Spring yesterday, this little corner of heaven played host to some nasty rain this Sunday.

Perfect weather for staying inside and catching up on what the nice folks at Netflix had on tap, no?

No!

The first piece of piffle and nonsense was "Home," starring Marcia Gay Harden. Set in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania (Amish country) in 1969, you'd think the scenery alone would make it at least tolerable. But, it wasn't.

Instead, it was a disjointed mish-mosh of scenes spliced together with some shallow poetry (but no real plot).

I eventually had to hit the eject button. Never finished watching it.

The second waste of my time was "21 Grams," starring Sean Penn, Naomi Watts, and Benicio del Toro. With that kinda "star power," I figured it would at least be able to hold my attention until the credits began to roll . . . well, I guess it succeeded in doing that. But, just barely.

This was another disjointed mish-mosh of scenes. But, at least it had a plot. I just had to figure out which scene came first chronologically, etc. . . . way too much work for a rainy Sunday afternoon.

Perhaps, I am just "too linear" in my thought processes. I expect stories to have a beginning, a middle, and a conclusion . . . not to mention a point.

Bottom line: skip "Home" and "21 Grams."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home