Tuesday, January 03, 2006

New book project?

Now that my book is finally going to press, I've been trying to pick a new project to waste my time on. Here are a few I've been toying with:

1. The story of my mother's family and their immigration from Ireland. I figured that would only be fair, since the last book was about Dad's family . . .

2. A history of Orlando. I've always had a problem with Eve Bacon's old 2-volume set. It's too much of a simple chronology. She made no attempt to synthesize all the names, dates, etc. Just printed a bunch of raw data. This is something I've been toying with for several years, and would be a mammoth undertaking if it was done "right."

3. A complete biography of Aaron Jernigan, the first settler of Orlando (and a great-uncle!)

4. Annotated collection of William Wallace Harney's works.

5. Continue research on Joseph Finegan, the "Hero of Olustee."

I'll keep you "posted" on which, if any, of these I actually pursue!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home