Monday, March 27, 2006

A wedding, a "vetting," and some betting

The wedding: My great-aunt and uncle Diane & BG Brown are pleased to announce their eldest granddaughter Jennifer Howerton will be married this Saturday, April 1st, to one Aaron Morris. The big event will be held down in Tampa. And, BG will deliver a prayer of blessing as part of the ceremony.


The "vetting": My high school classmate Lisa Troupe sent me this picture from her husband Paul's recent US Air Force retirement ceremony. Don't they look like the all-American family?!

The betting: I'm not much of a betting man. Not because I have moral objections to wagering, but because I'm just not good at it. I should have kept that in mind before I put $10 down on the Longhorns to win the NCAA tourney. Call it March madness. But, while my money may be gone, I still have a dog in the fight. How 'bout them Gators?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home