Friday, March 17, 2006

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Isn't it wierd how the Irish are the one ethnic group that everyone wouldn't mind belonging to, at least for one day?!

Well, that day has arrived again this year. March 17th. St. Patrick's Day.

I understand back in the mother country that this is not traditionally a day of boozing it up. But, unfortunately, that's what it's become in the good old US of A.

Call me an old fuddy-duddy, but I'd rather take the time to reflect on just how lucky we Irish are as a people, especially those of us whose ancestors were smart enough to leave the Emerald Isle and settle in America.

We've come a long way, baby!

Now, if you'll excuse me. I've a Guiness calling from the next room.

Erin go bragh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home