Sunday, March 12, 2006

Sunday Driving

Got a slow start today. Really dragged my feet, because I did not want to leave Barefoot Trace. Already planning my next trip back.

Anyway, headed out about noon. Couldn't get a hold of my Uncle Dan to thank him for the accomodations, so decided to swing by the house he's fixing-up near the Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum. I was going to leave a "thank you" card inside the door, but was pleasantly surprised to find him and Uncle Pat Curtis sitting on the front porch, recovering from a fishing expedition.

A tour of the house renovations, etc., followed. Really impressive, and I was glad to see him in a relaxed environment for a change. I now know why he's so anxious to drive up to St. Augustine every weekend!!

They were planning on walking over to a nearby Greek restaurant, but I was anxious to get back home (fool that I am). I need to do some decompressing, laundry, work preparations, etc. So, had to get back on the highway to fight the Sunday drivers.

Things actually weren't that bad headed back into Orlando. But, northbound I95 was a nightmare. Looks like all the bikers are headed back home. Can't say as I'm not relieved. Just wish they'd take the college kids with them.

Wow, do I sound like a buzz-kill, or what?!

Oh, well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home