Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Election Day in Apopka

Yep, the thriving metropolis of Apopka held an election today, to pick someone to occupy a seat on the City Council for another four years.

That's it. That's all that was on the ballot. Do you want Billie or Joe to be your representative? Seriously. Those were the names on the ballot.

Only in Apopka.

Well, at least I did my civic duty, and continued my unbroken streak. Since November 1992, I have excercised my right to vote in EVERY local, state, and federal election, as well as a handful of referenda. (sp?!)

Call me a "super voter!"

I don't think it's right to complain about politics or politicians unless you take an active role in the election process. So, I believe my streak gives me a better right than most . . . unless, of course, you've been voting without fail since before November 1992.

Can anyone else beat that streak?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home