Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Blockbuster vs Netflix

FYI - If you get your DVD's thru the mail like I do, be forewarned Blockbuster is changing their pricing.

I dropped Netflix to sign up with Blockbuster after their SuperBowl ad campaign a year ago. Now, that introductory pricing has come to an end.

Basically, Blockbuster now wants to charge another coupla bucks per month for the same level of service.

That level of service is still better than Netflix, in my humble opinion, because they also email you two coupons per month for in-store rentals/purchases.

If you want to keep the same low rate that you've been enjoying, you will have to cut back to just 2 DVDs at a time instead of the 3 they were offering to hook you into their program. But, you need to go to Blockbuster's web site to let them know this. If you don't, they will assume that it's ok with you to take those extra dollars every month.

Ok, now you've been warned.

2 Comments:

Blogger bb said...

Howdy! I was doing the random blog thing and landed here.

Just a quick comment - I hate Blockbuster.

I never hated them before their 'no more late fees' but since then - my stomach cramps just thinking about having to shop there.

Reason being - if you're late, you don't get charged a 'late fee' but you ARE charged a 'restocking fee'.

I don't know about you but that sounds remarkably like a bait and switch scheme to me.

As for their mail services, I don't know how they work because I'm sticking with Netflix.

THEY haven't screwed me yet!

1:38 AM  
Blogger wsmv said...

I agree, it smacks of the old "bait and switch." But, when it comes right down to it, I'm a dollar and cents kinda guy. For the same $15, Blockbuster is giving me 2 extra free rentals if I'll trot down to their store to get 'em . . . And, since, they have a store on every corner of the planet, they've made that chore insidiously easy. But, I tell you what, if they jack up their fees again, I'll be back at Netflix, too . . .

7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home