Monday, June 12, 2006

First hurricane of the season

Perhaps, I was a little too glib in my last post . . . Alberto has strengthened and will be a hurricane by the time it hits land tomorrow.

Projected landfall: somewhere between Sarasota and Tallahassee . . . like the entire west coast of Florida.

Time frame: 1 to 2pm tomorrow.

He's a big boy, too. We're already starting to get some of the outer bands here in metroOrlando.

But, we're far enough inland, all I'm anticipating is a gullywasher. That means "a lot of rain" to you Yankees.

Oh, yeah, and maybe a tornado or two. But, hey, when you've lived in Lubbock for as long as I did, they don't even raise an eyebrow.

Still gonna gas-up the Blazer and stop by Winn Dixie for some extra rations on the way home tonite . . . just in case. I mean, this ain't New Orleans. We take these things serious in this neck of the woods!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home