Saturday, June 03, 2006

Rainy day at the beach

Got up early this morning, to take advantage of the few rain-free hours forecast for today. Drove up A1A to hit the package store, Winn Dixie, and Blockbuster. You know, to get all the essentials for a rainy day at the beach.

Anyway, as I was unloading my loot and watching the rain clouds roll in, I saw a notice on the public-access channel scroll by. The local genealogical society was holding their monthly meeting at a branch library that is just across the Matanzas River Bridge, less than 10 minutes away. So, I decided to brave the rain and check it out.

Wound up spending about 3 hours there. Shocked myself.

The rain was still coming down by the time I got back, so I whipped up a pitcher of Margaritas and popped-in a Demi Moore movie. It was pretty lame. Something about a writer whose son drowns, so she runs away to Scotland to finish her book in solitude and winds up having an affair with a lighthousekeeper whose actually the ghost of a maniacal killer. A little contrived, no?

No surprise, I dozed-off on the couch.

The great thing was I woke up as the credits were rolling, and looked out the window to see the rain had stopped!

Even more amazing, there was a double rainbow on the horizon. Looked like McDonald's golden arches, only multi-colored. I'd never seen anything like that before!

Well, I decided to jump on the lack of rain to go check out the beach. Unfortunately, everybody and their brother had the same idea after being cooped-up in the condo all day. So, it was unusually crowded for so late in the day.

Just came back in to refresh the Margarita and plan on watching a little tv and maybe reading a book.

It's so hard learning how to just relax . . . yeah, right!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home