Friday, June 02, 2006

Great Getaway

Ahhhh . . . a weekend ALONE at Barefoot Trace . . . just what the doctor ordered!

Each time I come up here, it feels like the drive gets shorter. Why is that? Anyway, I made it in 1 hour and 10 minutes. So close to home and work, and yet so far away.

I was surprised to find a bottle of wine in the refrigerator. Don't know if it was left by Johnny and Nancy last weekend or Alice and Keith the weekend before. But, I'm not going to complain. Mixed with a little Diet Sprite, it was the perfect thing to sip on after I changed my clothes and went down to inspect the beach.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to spend as much time down there as I would have liked, because some nasty storm clouds came rolling in from the west. So, I followed the example of the sandpipers and ran for cover!

As I was making my way back, though, I came across an unusual shell, not like any other one I've seen on this beach before. And, to add to the mystery, there's nothing like it in the shell reference book up in the condo, either. I think I'll go do some surfing to see if I can identify it.

Or, maybe, I'll just open the window in the master bedroom so I can listen to the combined rhythms of the pounding surf and the pouring rain . . .

I'm thinking the latter!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home