Saturday, August 26, 2006

Get out your magnifying glasses!

Thanks go out to my cousin Lois Lee, who recently finished reading my new book.

Being a former schoolteacher, she couldn't help but spot a few typos that made it past my feeble eyes:

Page 102 - Paragraph 5 - Line 1
Delete the word "HE" between "When" and "the old Oxford Furnace."

Page 104 - Paragraph 2 - Line 3
Should read, "as much misinformation AS he could," not HAS!

Page 124 - Paragraph 2 - Line 3
Should read, "his elegant dining ROOM," not GROOM!

Page 135, Paragraph 2, Line 4
Should read, "FEELING more miserable," not FILLING!

I would like to challenge everyone else out there to find any other revisions that need to be made before the 2nd edition is printed!

Seriously . . . take your best shot!

Although, let me assure you, as I did Lois, that the word "ASEA" on page 143 is in the dictionary. It is a contraction of "AT SEA." While no longer common, it was popularly used in both spoken and written communication of the 1850s and 1860s. This IS a book about the Civil War, after all . . . plus, the contraction saved me a few keystrokes and the printer a little ink!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home