Sunday, October 08, 2006

Elation turns to Fear

Wow, what a day for college football, huh?

First, #2 Auburn falls to unranked Arkansas.

Then, the #5 Gators beat #9 LSU in one of the greatest homecoming performances I've seen in years.

Even the commentators were speculating that Florida will be moving up to #2 when the polls come out on Monday.

Needless to say, I was elated by talk like that.

Unfortunately, that elation quickly turned to fear this evening.

About 8pm, a freak storm seemed to come out of nowhere. I lost power, as did all my neighbors. And, we were bombarded by rain, hail, and lightning.

Fortunately, my laptop pc has battery back-up. And, my Nextel was still getting a signal. So, I wasn't completely cut-off from the outside world.

But, the news I got from the outside world was none to encouraging, especially when I found out that there was apparently a tornado on the ground less than a mile from my house!!

Which way was it headed? How fast was it coming? With all the rain and the darkness of night, I couldn't see anything.

So, I did what the experts tell you to do in such situations. I crawled into a downtairs closet and hid-out until I got the "all-clear" signal.

Heck of a way to end such a glorious football day . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home