Wednesday, November 22, 2006

A cold day in . . . Florida!

Hey, we actually got some snow last night in Apopka!!

Granted, it was mixed with rain and didn't stick to the ground or anything.

But, snow is still snow, right?!

The last time I remember seeing any of the white stuff in these parts was back during the "winter from hell": 1989.

That was the year my family made CNN coverage, because my dad insisted upon defying the border closures on I-95 leading into Jacksonville.

Somehow, he slipped a 1979 Chevy van across from Georgia using backroads obscured by the already fallen snow.

Then we got back to the interstate, and all the "fun" began. Imagine slipping and sliding past wrecked cars, and careening down access ramps.

Fortunately, we all made it thru without a scratch. (In fact, my sister slept thru the entire ordeal.)

Needless to say, I do not have many fond memories of snow as a result of this experience. So, I was pleased by the weakness of last night's flurries.

Now, I've had enough for another 17 years or so!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home