Tuesday, January 16, 2007

You're never too old!

I enjoyed a great lunch today at one of my favorite local BBQ places: Cecil's (Texas-style!!)

What made it so great was the company, as my great-aunt Diane and great-uncle BG had driven . . . yes driven!! . . . all the way from Missouri to join me.

They couldn't have chosen a better time to come down here, either! I can't believe all the ice and nasty winter weather out there . . .

Anyway, I was struck by two things. First was Aunt Diane's admission that they were both in their 70s. It's hard for me to think of them in that context.

I wonder if everyone else out there in the blogosphere "freezes" people at a certain age in their minds . . . especially those people from your childhood that you don't see on a regular basis.

The other thing that struck me came when Uncle BG said it was "probably too late" for him to get the Bible translation he's been working on into print.

I assured him, "You're never too old!"

After all, I saw in the news today that NASCAR driver James Hylton is making a comeback at age 72! (He was Rookie of the Year back in 1966!!)

So, don't let age be your excuse!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home