Saturday, June 02, 2007

Barry is a joke . . . a sad one

And, no, I'm not talking about any local ambulance chasers you socks out there may know. Although, I suppose a case could be made . . .

No, what I'm referring to is this so-called "tropical storm" that blew in last night, the first night of Hurricane Season 2007.

It managed to ruin the Blue Moon Tour of Greenwood last night, which I'd been looking forward to for weeks. Blue moons don't come around that often, you know. The last one was 2-and-a-half years ago! Thanks a lot, Barry!

And, because it was so rainy, windy, and otherwise gross outside today, I couldn't venture beyond the Publix and Blockbuster on the corner without putting myself at the mercy of other idiot drivers. Cabin fever is setting-in. Thanks again, Barry!

Oh, well, at least Super Duper Doppler-man Tom Sorrels is assuring us that blow-hard Barry (no, again, not the trial lawyer) will be getting out of town later tonight. So, maybe we can actually enjoy our Sunday.

Actually, I guess our drought-ravaged lawns can use the rain the storm dumped on us. And, maybe, our water bills will be lower this month?!

I think this is what one would call looking for a silver lining . . .

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home