Thursday, June 07, 2007

Fire up the blender!

I know it's Summer when the blenders are working overtime down here in Florida. But, it's not that type of blender I'm having fun with today.

I'm talking about the "cliche blender"!!

As any good author will tell you (and I am any good author!), you should avoid using cliches in written works even if you cannot avoid them in general conversation.

But, BLENDED cliches should never be avoided. Instead, they should be encouraged, because they're outright hysterical!

Here are a few of my favorites:

1. Strange bedfellows shouldn't live in glass houses.

2. A fool and his money is a friend indeed.

3. You can take that to the bank and smoke it.

Can any of you socks out there top these?!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home