Tuesday, June 05, 2007

William Addams Reitwiesner

That's the name of an oft-quoted genealogical expert of sorts, whose research on prominent figures I have enjoyed perusing over the years.

Now, he's created his own website: http://www.wargs.com

It includes a great archive of his previous works and genealogical essays.

I particularly liked the (rather lengthy) one he did to show his calculations of the ethnic background of the two princes William and Harry.

Following a similar approach, some time ago I came up with my own set of numbers. If you care, they break down as follow:

37% = Irish
33% = English
20% = Scottish
5% = Welsh
3% = French
1% = Dutch
1% = German

That should total to 100% if my math is right . . . had to do a lot of rounding, I'm afraid. (Rounded-down as much as possible on those French numbers!)

If you're interested in checking-out your own genetic/ethnic background, I would point you to an awesome program being conducted by the Sorensen Molecular Genealogy Foundation: http://www.smgf.org

Happy hunting!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Lis said...

:) I am glad you have enjoyed Bill and his wonderful talent for digging up the past. He's great.

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

RIP Bill. He passed on 12 Nov 2010.

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home