Sunday, June 10, 2007

Wow, Oviedo has grown-up!

Taking advantage of my new temporary quarters "on the East side," I decided to continue yesterday's mission to explore the nether regions of Seminole County.

Well, I guess they're only "nether" if you're looking at the county from an Apopka perspective.

Anyway, today's conquest was a lot more urban and (I'm sure) less redeeming than yesterday's hike in the wilderness: The Oviedo Marketplace.

I mean, how can a mall be redeeming, right? You socks out there know how much I detest such things. But, after today's "adventure," I believe my disdain is the result of having so many negative experiences at the better-known "mauls" in Central Florida.

It pays to get off the beaten path, and today proved that for me.

No fighting for parking spaces. No rude extranjeros.

I should probably shut up about it so it stays that way, no?

Anyway, the highlight was lunch at a place called R.J. Gator's, a home-grown success story with franchises across the great state of Florida (and a few others in less-great states). You socks from Texas will be pleased to know there is one in Hurst (near Fort Worth). But, Carolina socks may be disappointed to know that all three locations in your neck o' the woods are in the Charlotte metro area.

If you are successful in finding an RJG's near you, I can highly recommend the Garbage Nachos. But, don't order them unless you have at least 4 people at your table, because the portions are so huge that you'll ruin your appetite by the time the entrees arrive.

Will close for now, hoping everyone out there in the blogosphere is enjoying similar pursuits this fine summer weekend!!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home