Tuesday, March 11, 2008

5, 4, 3, 2, 1 . . . iginition . . . BLAST OFF!

To commemorate my niece Morgan's 5th birthday today, I had my friends over at NASA arrange an early morning shuttle launch.

If ye socks have never experienced a night-time launch, it's pretty spectacular.

From my humble abode in Apopka, we generally only get to see something like the picture posted here.

But, the closer you get to the coast, the greater the glow from the rocket boosters.

In fact, at Jetty Park, it gets as bright as high noon!

This morning, though, it was so cloudy in Apopka that I couldn't see anything.

Oh, well, back to bed til a more decent hour . . .

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger simmonsfam said...

Iginition??

Thanks for the card and stickers you sent Morgan...she has been checking the mail for them and was glad to see that they had arrived today!!

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home