Thursday, May 29, 2008

I blew it!

One of the tires on my Blazer, to be specific.

Here's the scene. I'm flying down the Ronald Reagan Turnpike, yakking on ye olde mobile phone with my cousin. Then, just as I was approaching the lovely overpass pictured here, POP!

Not a great place to be when you need to change a tire, to say the very least. I mean, half the traffic cones and barricades on that little stretch of highway had already been knocked over by my fellow motorists. I could only pray I wouldn't be next!

Anyway, I broke out the old jack and got all the lug nuts removed from the offending tire without any curse words.

But, then, when I went to pull the flat off, the jack buckled and the chassis fell back down to the turnpike. Sprained my bird finger in the process, which was probably a good thing.

The good news is, before I fell into deep despair, a Road Ranger named Dan Robinson appeared out of nowhere and rescued me. He had an industrial strength jack and quickly had the flat replaced with my "donut."

The other good news is my buddy Paul at the Goodyear place in Apopka was able to squeeze me in at the end of his busy work day and got me up and rolling again by 6pm.

I know things could have gone a lot worse. So, I'm focusing on the positives, and sending out thanks to all "the good guys" out there--like Dan and Paul!

Now, let's roll!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home