Thursday, July 10, 2008

Evan Almighty

I decided to take a little break from all the home improvement tonight.

Well, that's not entirely true . . . I did paint some trim work in the living room. But, that didn't take very long.

Anyway, I got myself some microwave popcorn and a root beer and sat myself down in front of ye olde DVD player to watch the latest arrival from blockbuster.com: Evan Almighty.

A lot of critics panned this flick when it hit the theaters last year.

Maybe, I was just in the right frame of mind this evening, but I really enjoyed it.

In a nutshell, God (played by Morgan Freeman) tells a modern day Noah named Evan who was recently elected to Congress (played by the hillarious Steve Carell) to build an ark . . . not just to teach him a lesson, but also to thwart the evil intentions of another congressman (played by John Goodman).

Anyway, this movie was good, clean fun. Check it out for yourselves if that's the sort of entertainment you're looking for this weekend!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. My wife and I bought our house about 6 months ago. It was a foreclosure and we were able to get a great deal on it. We also took advantage of the 8K tax credit so that definitely helped. We did an extensive remodeling job and now I want to refinance to cut the term to a 20 or 15 year loan. Does anyone know any good sites for mortgage information? Thanks!

Mike

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home