Thursday, August 14, 2008

Paradise Interrupted

That's the title of Tom Levine's most recent book.

Ye socks may remember Tom as the guy who ran a spirited (though, ultimately unsuccessful) campaign to unseat our illustrious former mayor Glenda Hood back in 2000.

Tom is now known more for his writing than his politicking. That's probably a good thing since (at least in my opinion) his politics aren't exactly up to par. He's one of those guys who thinks the world would be a better place if Al Gore was in the White House . . .

Anyway, he surprised me yesterday by dropping by my office.

Truth be told, he was hawking his book. I think he was a little disappointed when I told him I already owned a copy. But, I tried to brighten his day a little by letting him know it occupies a prominent place on my Floridiana bookshelf, next to my autographed copy of Patrick Smith's "A Land Remembered."

Check out Tom's web site if you get a chance:

http://www.defiantworm.com

Maybe, you'll be persuaded to buy a copy of one of his books, too. He's got a unique sense of humor, to say the least.

I tried my best today to persuade him to publish another book, perhaps one on Mark Twain since he likes to pepper his conversation with Twain quotes . . . We'll see if that seed bears any fruit . . .

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home