Thursday, August 26, 2010

Harney quote of the day

In the ongoing anthology project, yours truly came across this rather timely quote from Will Wallace Harney.

Well, perhaps "timely" isn't the best adjective, given that it dates from 1872. But, he did write it in AUGUST of that year . . .

Anyway, I hope you enjoy his modest wit as much as I do:

I consider myself a remarkable man. I am that identical “prominent citizen” whose “views on the great political issues of the day” the Commercial doesn’t care for. All others are worried to “tell all they know in five words.” My opinions, like home brewed ale or blackberry wine, are set aside to cool or gather bouquet and are never destined to be sold over the public counter at twenty-five cents a drink.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home