Thursday, April 27, 2006

Boycott Citgo?

I don't know what to make of the connection between Venezuelan nut job Hugo Chavez and my local Citgo station . . .

For background info on my confusion, check out this article from USA Today:

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/energy/2006-01-11-citgo-cover-usat_x.htm

On the one hand, I don't like to encourage two-bit thugs who cavort about on their own tv shows with the likes of Cindy Sheehan, Harry Belafonte, and Jesse Jackson.

On the other hand, I wonder what kind of an impact a boycott of Citgo would have on all my fellow Americans who work for the company.

It sure would be convenient if Exxon Mobil would use some of their obscene profits to buy-out the Venezuelan government.

Or, maybe, we should all just pray that Chavez doesn't get re-elected in December . . . yeah, right!

It seems to me the only permanent solution would be to heed W's advice and end our country's addiction to oil altogether.

I hate having to depend on the whims of crackpots of any sort, be they Fidel wannabes or Islamofascist sheikhs.

ARRRGHHGH!!!

Can you tell this $3/gallon gas price is pushing me over the edge?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home