Sunday, April 09, 2006

Cloning and a train wreck

I saw a really good movie yesterday, called "The Island." If you've never seen it, go rent it. It'll definitely make you re-think your position on the whole cloning issue . . . especially after the scene with the big black guy from Green Mile. (Hate to refer to him that way, but I'm really bad with movie star names.)

Anyway, that's the movie plug for the week. Now, can we move on to a moral question:

What is your responsibility when you see a train wreck coming?

And, by "train wreck" I mean something bad is going to happen to someone you know because they don't see the forrest for the trees. But, they probably won't listen to you if you try to tell them, anyway. They'll just get mad at you and tell you to mind your own business, and then you'll feel like a big jerk and have to stew in your own juices until what you warned them about does indeed come to pass.

And, trust me, there's no smug sense of satisfaction when it does come to pass. At least not for me.

So, any thoughts? Right now, past experience has me inclined to just bite my tongue, sit back, and watch the train wrecks . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home