Sunday, April 30, 2006

There once was a man from Nantucket . . .

Ok, ok . . we've all heard those off-color limericks about the guy from Nantucket. And, I MIGHT even be guilty of repeating one or two myself. But, that's not something I'm going to address here in this "family friendly" blog!

The real man from Nantucket was my ancestor Thomas Macy. And, I've known about him for awhile. But, I wanted to find out more about the island he called home (along with several of my other ancestors with awesome whale-hunting surnames like Coffin, Folger, and Severance).

I was pleasantly surprised to come across the site for the Nantucket Historical Association. You can check it out for yourself at:

http://www.nha.org

The thing I liked most about the site was its SEARCHABLE databases, which include pictures of quite a few members of the extended Macy family.

Check it out for yourself!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home