Thursday, January 18, 2007

My Blazer is toast!

Fortunately, I'm okay, as are the two other drivers involved in a fairly serious accident that occurred this morning in front of my office.

There I was, minding my own business, waiting for an opportunity to turn left into our parking lot. Then, almost out of nowhere, some yayhoo comes flying thru the intersection behind me, trying to beat a red light.

She tried to swerve across a double yellow line to avoid hitting me. But, I guess she didn't count on any oncoming traffic. At the last minute, she tried to swerve back into my lane to avoid another car and ended up clipping my front quarter panel pretty good.

Then she spun a 360 into the oncoming car.

I got my Blazer out of the road thru sheer force of will, as my bumper was jammed into the front passenger side tire. And, the offending driver was able to limp her car into our driveway, followed closely by her second victim.

Long story short, we all walked away. All three cars had to be towed, but the human beings inside made it thru without a scratch. And, I'm thankful for that. But, it never ceases to amaze me some of the people the State of Florida will give driver licenses.

Without going into too much detail, the person who hit us has a record of criminal offenses as long as my arm. And, she was obviously enjoying some form of controlled substance this morning. At least, I hope that wasn't her normal "personality."

Ok, deep breath. Moving forward again. Just paying closer attention to the potential idiots around me when I venture forth!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home