Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Watchman Nee

That's the Anglicized name of a Chinese man who was born Ni Tuo-sheng in 1903.

He made the change after being converted to Christianity by an English missionary.

And, apparently, he wrote a lot of books about his new-found religion.

A buddy of mine gave me a copy of the first chapter of one of those books, "The Normal Christian Church Life," as supplementary reading material as we plow thru the Book of Romans.

I can't say that I'm a big fan of his writing style. It took him an entire chapter to relate a concept that I'm pretty sure could be just as effective if condensed down to a single paragraph.

I think I'll just stick to reading what St. Paul had to say . . .

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home