Saturday, April 10, 2010

Where is THAT button on my remote?!

Couldn't seem to find the "dislike" button while I suffered thru two DVD's this otherwise fine Saturday afternoon.

But, why should the home movie system provide any more options than ye olde Facebook page?!

If yours truly was properly empowered, there would have been TWO big thumbs down on the selections our friends at Netflix deposited in the snail mail box in this little corner of heaven.

They apparently have me confused with someone else on the block, perhaps someone with a 16 year old daughter and an angst-ridden younger child . . . the only explanation I could come up with for why "The Twilight Saga: New Moon" and "Where the Wild Things Are" arrived at this address.

New Moon was the typical piffle and nonsense one would expect in a teen flick. But, whereas I was able to sit thru the entirety of the first installment, this sequal was so bad that I found myself reading a book and looking up at the screen on those rare occasions when it sounded like there might be some special effects worth seeing.

I was actually prepared to like WTWTA, if for no other reason than it was not an overbilled saga installment. I half-remembered enjoying the story in preschool, but that was a LONG time ago. Apparently, ye olde memory fails. Or, perhaps this was a poor adaptation. I'm inclined to believe the latter. Definitely not a "kids movie."

Bottom line, if either of these two flicks end up in YOUR in box, promptly re-seal them in the conveniently-supplied return envelope as quickly as possible to avoid wasting hours of disappointment.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home